TK Heatmo is a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of Thermo King Western Inc. Our thriving and expanding team have served Edmonton and Western Canada since 1964. Our success is founded on the strength of our Team, our Expertise, and the quality of our products and Service.
We are an inclusive, friendly and family-oriented team, passionate about the work we do. Through our commitment to company culture and first-class products, we will ensure that you remain engaged and growth oriented.
We are currently seeking a Mobile Heater/Air Conditioning Technician to join our TK Heatmo team.
The successful candidate for this position will be an important and valued contributor to our Team. Our customers will depend on your ongoing commitment to their service needs, and on your expertise and troubleshooting skills to keep their equipment operating reliably and efficiently. You will possess strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, a positive team-focused attitude, exceptional customer service and communication skills (verbal and written), and the ability to work independently while providing consistent high-quality detailed work.
The successful candidate for this position will always strive to achieve customer satisfaction.
As a Mobile Heater/AC Technician, you will provide outstanding service to customers across Alberta, by maintaining, trouble-shooting, repairing, and installing mobile heating and air conditioning equipment, along with related accessories. To execute the highest level of service, you will use your expert trouble shooting skills, diagnostic tooling, manuals and schematics to maintain our customers’ uptime and profitability.
This position is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements and multi-point inspections.
- Installation, start-up and commissioning of equipment, diagnostic inspections, and troubleshooting and repair of mobile heating and air conditioning equipment to assure equipment is meeting operating and quality standards.
- Effective communication with customers and coworkers, both verbal and written.
- Maintain good customer relations by identifying solutions and recommending system and procedural improvements.
- Serve as technical support for customers and Service Team while recommending parts and services to customers; working as an effective team member to secure customer approvals.
- Review technical manuals, wiring diagrams, drawings, websites and databases on an ongoing basis to assist with the diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe shop environment and service truck.
- Operate a company service vehicle for on-site customer repairs.
- Accurately document service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklists, and daily time sheets.
- Conduct safety hazard assessments for continuously changing working environments.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude are key qualifications for this position.
- High school diploma. (Post-secondary and/or related technical training and experience preferred.)
- Previous mobile heater and air conditioning service experience is an asset; however, we provide training for suitable candidates from basic apprenticeship level through to senior technician level.
- Applicants already enrolled in a provincially accredited mechanical apprenticeship program will be given special consideration.
- Basic knowledge of some or all of the following is preferred: AC/DC circuits, wiring diagrams/schematics, motors/controls, electricity. Candidates who possess related knowledge or skills but have not completed a formal program may be considered.
- Diligently practice Safe Working Habits and follow company Safety Program.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changeable environment, to work in hot/cold temperatures, and to work in noisy, dirty environments (mostly truck cabs).
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and working proficiency with hand held devices (Smartphone, iPad).
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record. (Driver’s abstract required)
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
- Must be able and available to work in Alberta.
- A competitive remuneration package is being offered based on related experience, education, and aptitude (base salary, annual tool allowance, overtime, and potential for banked time).
- Position is eligible for a company vehicle for travel to work sites, mobile device (smartphone), and when required, computerized tablet.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation, extended medical and dental coverage, group life insurance, health spending account, and a company-matched RRSP program.
WHY CHOOSE THERMO KING WESTERN
Our TK Heatmo division is a top distributor and installer in Western Canada for Eberspacher heating and air conditioning products, Thermo King TRIPAC APUs, and RED DOT heating and air conditioning products. What sets us apart is a commitment to sustainability and efficiency, and the tireless dedication of our people. Our products and services are recognized and utilized worldwide in many modern industries including food production, oil and gas, construction, mining, and many more.
In addition, we are fully capable of servicing and supporting many various other mobile heater and air conditioner brands.
At Thermo King Western, we aim to exceed your expectations through the strength of our people, services, and products. We combine a desire to always learn and grow with a commitment to ensuring our work is positive, productive and enjoyable. Our core values of Say Yes, Bring it on, We serve, Ownership, and Have fun guide everything we do, and we want team members who share these values and can contribute to our positive culture.
As a team member, you will enjoy many benefits, including:
- Positive work-life balance.
- Opportunities for ongoing career training and development.
- A best-in-class compensation package that acknowledges your abilities and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits packages for you and your family.
- Dedicated leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the position; those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.